Tuesday 20 May 2008

Laura Marling




Laura Marling created, arguably, the best album to come out of England this year. Alas I Cannot Swim was released this year to massive critical aclaim, and despite her dislike for big venues, Alas I Cannot Swim could possibly make her the sensation of this year.

'Alas I Cannot Swim' is produced by Noah And The Whale mainman Charlie Fink, and besides its warm, sweet arrangements for guitar, trumpet, brushed drums and even a male choir, the album is infused with a real intimacy.

The next single to be taken from Laura's debut album 'Alas I Cannot Swim' will be 'Cross Your Fingers' on 2nd June. The video can be seen here.


The Reading songstress has also announced a short tour, calling at these churches in The U.K.:

Glasgow///Upstairs At Oran Mor (June 9)
Manchester///St Phillips' (10)
London///St James' (11, 13)
Birmingham///St Pauls (12)


Failure (Z-Share).

Buy Alas I Cannot Swim - HMV.

No comments: